Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Patch 3.2 - What the hell?

Wow, so fast? I had really thought the next patch would not be out for at least one more month. Now I am stuck at work trying to see what Turby/Truny will be doing at the end of the day (I have to download the rest of the stupid patch don't I??)

Here are the points I found interesting:

1) Titanium Ore is now prospectable into epic gems.

Are you serious? This is GREAT! Turby literally has HUNDREDS of them collecting dust in his mining sack! I had started collecting them ever since I realized how profitable selling a Titansteel Bar every day was, but the ores just started piling up and I did not want to part with them ever since.

+5 points!

2) Emblem of Conquests

Nice! Heroic Farming anyone? Now Truny has a viable method of obtaining her T8.5 Helm Of The Awesome Death Bird! Fits well into RP purposes and its a great upgrade from my Hat of Wintry Doom. Turby can farm heroics too but I think he's lost his RP element (pets did not get armor). Why am I at work again? I want to farm NOW! Oh well, as a non-raider I am already behind ....

+10 points!

3) Druid Form Changes

Cool! Now instead of looking to heal for people to gain exp, Turny can actually TOLERATE being in cat form for more than 5-min and actually RIP things to death himself!

+5 points!

4) Mount Changes

FINALLY! I had realized after playing Turny the Restless Tree up to Northrend, I had preferred to insta-cast into travel mode or even stay in Kitty Form just because it felt good and allowed me to avoid the THREE second cast time to mount a Kodo (which felt slow to begin with).

The required level to receive your mounts have also decreased, which makes levelling alts THAT much better. The 150% "slow" flight speed is also a bonus, but for those who have already experienced 280%+, you will probably still use the money sink to speed yourself up.

(Sorry, I am starving and eating hence I am not being very coherent now LMAO)

+10 points!

5) Class Specific Changes

Turby the Hunter, Beast Mastery and Survival

-"Catlike Reflexes now also reduces the cooldown of your Kill Command ability by 10/20/30 seconds"

Nice!

+2 points!

-"Entrapment: This talent no longer works with Immolation Trap or Explosive Trap. "

I don't think I use that..

-"Lock and Load: Now has a 22-second cooldown. The Lock and Load effect cannot be obtained on targets immune to snare effects when Frost Trap is used."

What? No back to back procs? Oh well....boohoo.

+/- 0 points!

Truny the Warlock, Demonology and Destruction

-"Shadowflame: The angle of the cone effect on this ability was inadvertently very small, making it difficult to use. Its cone is now the same size as similar spells, such as Cone of Cold. "

Never used Cone of Cold before but it'd better be wider than 2mm. dammit!

+ 2 points!

-"Soulshatter cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes"

Well, better than nothing. Though I've been practicing and have been keeping threat just under the red danger zone now!

+ 2 points!

-"Fel Domination cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 15 minutes."

Very nice, though my pet only tends to "die" when I die. And I do not die every three minutes. But still, this will ensure that it is almost always off CD. (And saves a 10 second cast)

+2 points!

-"Empowered Imp: The warlock's critical hit chance is increased to 100%, up from 20% for the next spell cast after the Imp critically hits a target."

I was just thinking the other day how underwhelming this talent was, now...!

+2 points!

-"Fire and Brimstone: Reduced to 2/4/6/8/10% increased damage from Incinerate and Chaos Bolt on targets afflicted with Immolate, down from 3/6/9/12/15%."

5% less damage does not equal 5% less fun....so now our 16k crits are 5% weaker? Boo hoo.

-2 points!

Turny the Restless Tree, Feral and Restoration

-"Lifebloom: The final heal that occurs when this spell blooms has been reduced by 20% on the base and on the spell power coefficient."

20%?? So its base healing and the bonus healing from my own spellpower is 20% less?? Ugh, oh well...at least it can still crit.

-2 points!

-"All those feral abilities"

See, I don't really remember what my attacks are. I just know Mangle is pretty good. And some bleed that I do can crit (button 5 on my binding), be it Rake/Maul/Claw/Shred/Rip/Bleed/Tear/Scratch/Fury Swipes I do not remember.

Well, looks like most got damage reductions which is always a =(

Enough for now!

Must...farm....!

0 comments:

Post a Comment