Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Legendary Find

Hello Dear Reader,

Wow, it's been a long time since I've last updated and ..that's okay actually. You know with all the buzz about 5.3, despite the dreadfully boring new weekly quest and getting to fight the Korkron head on, there isn't really much to do but run your daily heroic scenario then log off. And that's fine.

Now let's backtrack to BC, there was a raid called Sunwell and within this raid there resides a legendary bow, a bow which required no arrows. When you think of it now, it's silly. No one uses arrows, no longer do we have to carry stacks of up to date arrows in our bags.

Anyways I guess you know where this is leading. It was a grumpy week for me and I decided to jump into Sunwell just to see if all the bad karma would reverse in my favor. Well, it did.

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury is mine!

Meet Kulumtum the Core-Hound!
Now being that my hunter was my original character, Thori'dal holds a special place within my dark black heart in that as a noob browsing Thottbot, this bow was the "best" bow out there and I had no freaking clue how to get it nor would I ever think that one day we would be so strong that we can go and solo old raids.

With everything so accessible now, there a sense of everything being cheapened. You can't go a single day now without seeing the once rare Ashes of A'lar. But that's not the point. My point is that we are so "epic" now that a Legendary is just the natural next step.

But with Thori'dal, in my noob days, even obtaining an epic was difficult. I farmed and played the AH constantly so I can always afford the next best rare, or even epic BOE bow (Hurricane). I can tell you now, the moment I managed to save up that THREE HUNDRED gold to buy Hurricane, it felt like such an accomplishment. I was stronger, and the mobs in Ungoro where I was questing had to fear me. I think gearing up has long lost this magic. The feeling of slow but sure progression, the non-existance of entitlement.

I was what you could say a "casual" player back then and I can also say that perhaps the Great Loot Rain of T9 really did throw a corrupted dart into the already ruined heart of the community.

Anyways, this is just the first of many updates this week since I've been SLACKING!

Turby the Bowlicious

0 comments:

Post a Comment