Monday, December 7, 2009

Turny's First Duel

After 79 levels and several months being at level 80, Turny "earned" his Duelicious achievement!

The thing I find so amusing about earning this achievement was that my Druid's PVP track record goes to as much as a couple rounds in Warsong Gulch being disgustingly underlevelled at level 71 as a pocket healer. Those level 79's destroyed me fast!

ANYWAYS, I've actually never "killed" anyone via pvp on my druid and had strayed away from the pvp scene seeing that all I am is a tank and healer for strictly pve content.

Amusing anecdote begins.

It was the end of the Bounty Festival or whatever it was called and I was on my way to run my friend through some dungeons for some good old fashioned power levelling since he was too low to be effective for battlegrounds. I saw there was a completed quest for the Bounty Event in my log and decided to turn it in in front of Orgrimmar.

I ran around the entrance of the city looking for those food people and realized the event had ended throughout the day so whatever, run back to the city and fly to our destination (I think it was Zul'Farrak)

I get a whisper from a Paladin hanging around outside the Orgrimmar Gates saying "come duel" and I thought...oh man a Paladin?? Grrr fine I'll die a nice swift death and be on my way.

But I was in my Feral Spec. Just for fun I changed back to my restoration set, based on the rumors I heard that "resto druids are op". I reckon my survivability as a healer would be higher than as a tank!

I reckon, I'd heal through everything and when they got bored they would leave.

Yes yes.

So the duel begins and I am in tree form.

Throw on some hots, Rejuv, Lifebloom, Regrowth (bad move, they can cancel it).

3...2....1....go!

BAM POW SHINY SWIRL OF JUSTICE they unloaded all this holy power on me and my HP was....at 100%!!

More hots! Lifebloom Wildgrowth! My mana is now at 98%, the Paladin's mana is half used up.

They stun me and start wailing away but luckily my HoTs are way too OP! (/gasp there it is!)

I'm running around with Barkskin and Thorns and ...Thorns is doing some damage!

POW SWIRL SWIRL POW POW POW, Lifebloom Blooms again.

By now our Pally friend is out of mana and can only auto attack and I'm still sitting in tree form...hmm....ideas....

*Pops out of tree form*

STARFIRE, MOONFIRE, WRATH!! Their HP is falling slowly and steadily. Starfire and Wrath however are too risky to use, anything with a cast bar essentially could mean my doom (or I thought at the time). My HP was still at 100% by now.

They cast Lay on Hands, and from my hunter I learned to look for their one 12 second bubble cooldown, and they regain some mana and all HP and we start the cycle again.
BAM POW SHINY SWIRL OF JUSTICE they unloaded all this holy power on me and my HP was....at 100%!!

More hots! Lifebloom Wildgrowth! My mana is now at 98%, the Paladin's mana is half used up.

I'm running around with Barkskin and Thorns and ...Thorns is doing some damage!

POW SWIRL SWIRL POW POW POW, Lifebloom Blooms again.

By now our Pally friend is out of mana and can only auto attack and I'm still sitting in tree form...hmm....rinse and repeat!

Let's use some of this Crowd Control mumbo jumbo that I learned! So I roots the guy and start firing away my three Balance spells, throw in a cyclone just for kicks!

Their HP falls desperately low, to 10% and starts to run away, to where I am not sure but they eventually fall to my Moonfire spam! Moonfire is really strong: especially when you never run out of mana!

I got my revenge for my Hunter.

That is what this duel was all about.

On a Hunter, I'm the DPS, I'm impatient, things must die FAST, and that ONE time a Ret Paladin killed me because Bestial Wrath had worn off and there was a warrior and a priest fighting me was the fight I never forgotten: Pallies are OP if three other people are helping them!

It's all about patience. The first thing I learned on my hunter was that with patience comes victory. And when I'm in my Resto Druid form it is ALL about patience, heck it is our innate instinct to throw on HoTs go bake some cookies, watch a movie, go to the store and buy some milk, renew Lifebloom, check on today's commodity rates, renew Rejuvenation, etc etc

Also, on any other toon I am usually the first to go on the offensive and wait for the dreaded Pally Bubble but this time, it was my slow and steady balance spells that forced them to use it if not just to delay their own demise.

Interesting Indeed.

Turny the Restless Tree

0 comments:

Post a Comment