Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Warlock T-16 Bonuses

Timeless Isle

Ahh so yesterday was exciting wasn't it? The Timeless Isle aka Gong Show Island opened up and everyone and their mother and their dog were there kiling anything that moved and generally being very confused.

Well I was very confused. Why the shit would I waste time gathering garbage 496 or vanity items to waste my bag space? What's with these stupid coins used to buy stupid items? I wanted my tier.

It was very confusing, I flew to the Timeless Isle and I saw a poor giant shark being beaten upon. Poor shark. I joined in and immediately got some garbage item and 1,466 timeless coins. Well.

Then there was talk of Ordos. Ordos must be the new world boss something to do with legendary cape something to do with gear. Ok how the fuck do I get there? I need a cape? How? What quest? I aint got time for that.

Then I saw Niuzao fighting some people so I joined in and got tier gloves! Well now I don't have to log in until next week! This was also a direct upgrade from my T15 gloves since stupid freaking dark animus and twins would NOT drop a fourth piece for me all of last tier.

Warlock T-16 Bonuses

So down to business, let's talk tier bonuses, something that I haven't done in a very long time.

Please note my bias will be 90% towards Destro and 10% Demo and 5% Affliction (we always give it more than our all!)

Two piece: Conflagrate has a 20% chance to increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 15%. Unstable Affliction critical hits have a 40% chance to increase all damaging effects of Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul by 30% for 10 sec. Soul Fire has a 20% chance to increase you and your pet's damage dealt by 20%.

Four piece: When a Burning Ember fills up, your critical strike chance is increased by 15% for 5 sec. Haunt has a 20% chance to refund its shard when expiring. Shadow Bolt and Touch of Chaos have a 20% chance to also cast Hand of Gul'dan at the targe


2P Comments: This is kind of boring kind of interesting but a not so bad passive. So say your crit is 25%, a fifth of a quarter of a time your nukes have a 40% chance of critting. So of course if that procs AND immolate is dropping off or is not up, then use it, otherwise incinerate. Whatever. As for Demo, casting Soulfire is now an extra little bonus to watch out for to maximize that little damage bonus.


4P Comments: Now this is interesting, so with the reduction of embers from RoF, we still occasionally fill up an extra ember while using DS and CB spam. So now we want to REALLY watch out for those extra embers filling up during DS, perhaps cycling conflag + incinerates to fish for double ember bits. I'll let you know if I ever manage to get a 4P. This set entices me to start stacking crit over not-so-much-crit, as to leave haste as it is. Perhaps haste shall be completely wiped off my gear. We will see.


Back to the Island

So other than getting tier, which is pretty much the only value of this new island, there are other weird activities which I have managed to actually SEE amongst the throes of a thousand curious players.

Lil Oondasta. Dang this guy hits like a truck and totally wiped out my Darkmoon Faire team. I switched to three mechanical pets: Robo Chicken, Clockwork Gnome, and Darkmoon Zeppelin and he died fairly easily. Easy 500 coins.

Celestial Tournament: I took a spin in here but didn't realize I couldn't heal so I wasted all my good pets on the first 3 fights. I currently don't have the patience or brain power to work out teams and can't be bothered to switch pets so I will check this out in a few weeks.

Shaohao: I have no fucking clue how to start getting rep with this guy. So then I logged out.

Truny the Quitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment